Wycombe once again opt for optical illusion keeper kits
Newly promoted Wycombe Wanderers have once again revealed their new goalkeeping kits with designs destined to confuse opposing strikers.
The newly promoted League 1 outfit presented the new goalkeeping shirts set to be worn by stoppers Ryan Allsop and Yves Ma-Kalambayd next season with an even more elaborate optical illusion design.
We've done it again!— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) July 5, 2018
Presenting our @ONeills1918 #Chairboys goalkeeper kits for 2018/19, sponsored by @CherryRedGroup and @UtilitaFootball.
Available to buy from this Saturday (7/7). pic.twitter.com/jBtWQqQw93
As with last year’s kits, the design is intended to make the goalkeeper appear larger and also distract the opposing striker as he prepares to shoot, with the vortex creating a target to aim for rather than the goal itself.
Wanderers’ chairman Trevor Stroud explained: “Our previous goalkeeping coach Barry Richardson was a fantastic character who believed there was a marginal gain to be had by making the goalkeeper appear bigger and distracting to the opposition. There has been some research in that area which led to last year’s designs, and they went viral across the globe from the moment we launched them, resulting in a huge number of sales compared to previous years."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win