Fifa investigating Sporting's claim over Patricio's Wolves move
The contract dispute between Sporting CP, Rui Patricio and Wolves is being investigated by Fifa.
Fifa has confirmed an investigation is underway after Sporting CP complained about Rui Patricio's transfer to Premier League new boys Wolves.
Patricio to Wolves transfer investigation
The Portugal international signed a four-year deal at Molineux last month after terminating his Sporting contract in the aftermath of an attack by a section of the club's supporters following their failure to qualify for the Champions League.
Sporting, who have opened legal proceedings against Patricio and six other players, remain angry at the free transfer, and have written to Fifa to demand compensation.
The letter, published by Record, states Sporting are seeking €58.7million from Wolves, while also requesting the club are handed a transfer ban and Patricio is suspended for six months.
Football's governing body verified receipt of the dossier from Sporting and advised a full investigation was now underway.
"We can confirm that we have received a complaint from Sporting Clube de Portugal against Wolverhampton Wanders and the player [Patricio]," a Fifa spokesperson told Omnisport.
"As the contractual dispute is currently under investigation, please understand that no further comment can be made at this stage."
When contacted by Omnisport, Wolves declined to comment on the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?