Cristiano's Juventus move makes him third-highest paid player
Cristiano Ronaldo: the Portugal captain will coin €30m a year after tax at the Old Lady, with only Leo Messi and Neymar earning more from their clubs. LAFC vs LA Galaxy: Vela vs Zlatan live online, MLS week 25
Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus has converted the Portuguese forward into the third highest-paid player in the world, behind Barcelona’s Leo Messi and PSG’s Brazilian forward Neymar.
Ronaldo is set to earn 30 million euros per year in Turin, a nine-million-euro improvement on his Real Madrid salary, which stood at 21 million.
Messi pockets 40 million euros a year at the Camp Nou while Neymar’s contract at the Parc des Princes is worth 36 million a year.
Iniesta could break top five
Andrés Iniesta's name does not yet feature in the top 10 of the world's best-paid footballers as the details of his contract with Vissel Kobe have not been disclosed but during negotiations with the former Barcelona captain a figure of 27 million euros per year was mentioned, which would place him fourth on the list behind Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo has long sought to earn a salary in line with his status and Juventus were willing to pay him enough to move him into the top three. On his previous wage, Ronaldo was the eighth best-paid player in the world, sandwiched between two footballers plying their trade in the Chinese Super League, Hulk and Ezequiel Lavezzi.
He has now overtaken Mesul Özil, Antoine Griezmann – whose decision to stay at Atlético Madrid was rewarded with a pay rise to 23 million euros a year - Alexis Sánchez and Óscar, who picks up 23 million a year at Hebei Fortune in the CSL.
The 10 highest-paid players in world football
|Alexis Sánchez||(CHI)||Man. United||(ENG)||€23m|
|Ezequiel Lavezzi||(ARG)||Hebei Fortune||(CHN)||€22m|
|Paul Pogba||(FRA)||Man. United||(ENG)||€17m|
Sources: As.com, Statista and Fox Sports.
Te recomendamos en English
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- NFL NFL Draft: A look back at the 2020 first round
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?