Nestor Pitana will referee the World Cup final between France and Croatia on Sunday 15 July, Fifa have confirmed.
The PE teacher and FIFA referee since 2010 was one of the officials at the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and has wide experience in the Argentinian Super Clásicos, Copa Libertadores and World Cup qualifiers.
He sido honrado con la tarea de dirigir la final! Le deseo la mejor de las suertes a ambos equipos; espero estar a la altura, daré lo mejor de mi!— Nestor Pitana (@NestorPitana) 12 de julio de 2018
I am truly honored to have been chosen to be the referee of the Final! Good luck to both teams, I hope to be up to the task!
PItana solid refereeing performances
Pitana was widely reckoned to be the favourite to take charge of the blue riband clash, having had a decent performance in the quarter-final between Uruguay and France, notable particularly due to the intense Uruguayan pressure prior to the game. Pitana also did well in the Croatia - Denmark match in the round of 16.
The 43 year old has been a referee since 2006, and is one of the most highly rated officials in Argentina and South American football.
Pitana, in an interview with Fifa, said "For any kid who loves football, the dream is to get to the World Cup final."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?