Barça's World Cup players to return after 1 August
The azulgrana players who have taken part in the World Cup will not join the rest of the squad on a pre-season tour and will report back for duty in August.
Ernesto Valverde is aware of the need for those players who have featured heavily in Russia to have a break before the new season gets under way, which is why they are set to return, progressively, after 1 August.
This means that no player who has been at Russia will be part of the squad which sets off on 24 July on a pre-season tour in the USA, unless they decide independently to cut their holiday short.
Some players from South Amercian nations may join the rest of the squad from 1 August, ahead Los Culés' final game in San Francisco against Roma on 4 August. The rest of the World Cup players will go directly to the Ciutat Esportiva de Sant Joan Despí, with the exception of finalists Samuel Umtiti, Rakitic and Ousmane Dembélé, and Belgium's Thomas Vermaelen, who all have permission to return after the Spanish Super Cup - in fact they are expected back for the Joan Gamper Trophy on 15 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win