Just a day since Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis denied that the club wanted Karim Benzema, Sky Italia claims that AC Milan is in talks to sign the Frenchman.
According to journalist, Gianluca Di Marzio, intermediary Ludovic Fattizzo and Benzema’s representatives held a meeting with coach Rino Gattuso and sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli at Milanello, AC Milan’s sporting center, on Monday.
Apparently, Gattuso himself contacted the player directly some days ago and Benzema agreed to join the club, who yesterday, were cleared to play in the Europa League next season after having a ban for breaching financial fair play rules overturned on Friday.
Perez will not block the move
Reportedly, AC Milan have promised to match his €9 million annual salary at Real Madrid, and have offered him a contract until 2022, which is one year longer than his current contract at the Bernabeu. Everything now depends on Florentino Perez, who, according to Sky, will not stand in the way of the move if Benzema wants to go.
Although the player's agent Karim Djaziri seems to have denied the claims on Twitter, by posting laughing emoticons in response to the story.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold