Barcelona are believed to be close to signing Bordeaux's Malcom, just a day after the Brazilian had seemingly been on the verge of joining Roma.
Malcom expected to arrive in Barcelona today
According to the radio station RAC1, the LaLiga giants have all but agreed personal terms with the representatives of the Brazilian winger, who is expected in the Catalan capital today, and are set to pay a fee of just over 40m euros.
Bordeaux star had been on verge of sealing Roma switch
Malcom had been due to fly to Italy yesterday to clinch a 36m-euro transfer to Roma, who had announced a deal with Bordeaux earlier in the day. Indeed, fans of the Serie A club had already gathered at Ciampino Airport to await his arrival.
Malcom's head turned by Barcelona interest
However, Barcelona are understood to have stepped in with an 11th-hour bid for the 21-year-old - and, in the wake of the Blaugrana's late move, the player's heart is now said to be set on going to the Camp Nou
Malcom, a left-footer who tends to operate on the right flank, has been one of the sensations of Ligue 1 in recent seasons, scoring 23 goals in 93 appearances for Bordeaux. He is now expected to join Barça's pre-season US tour of the United States, which begins today, in the coming days.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension