Official: Courtois signs for Real Madrid
Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea, with the player to be officially presented at the Bernabeu on Thursday.
Real Madrid have officially announced the signing of Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea for 35 million euros, with the Belgian international committing to six seasons at the club.
The player will complete a medical on Thursday morning, before being unveiled at the Bernabeu at 13.00 (CEST), where he will step on to the pitch for the first time wearing the Real Madrid jersey.
Courtois is likely to become Madrid’s first choice keeper ahead of Keylor Navas, who has been number one for the past four seasons, helping the team to three Champions Leagues titles.
This will be the Belgian international’s second stint in the Spanish capital, where he played for Atlético for three seasons from 2011 to 2014. Reportedly, he was eager to return to Madrid to be closer to his children, a desire which he has expressed on several occasions.
Courtois was awarded with the Golden Glove at this summer’s World Cup in Russia after making more saves than any other keeper at the tournament. He arrives at the Bernabeu with an impressive goal concession average of 1.02 goals per game in 2017-18, 0.82 goals per game in 2016-17, 1.26 goals per game in 205-16 and 0.89 in 2014-15.
The 26-year-old becomes Real Madrid’ fourth signing this summer, after Vinicius, Andriy Lunin and Alvaro Odriozola.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?