Godín gives Manchester United the cold shoulder
Sky Sports report that United, in response to Mourinho's disappointment at the lack of signings, attempted to tempt Godín to join them before the 5pm deadline.
One of the more interesting rumours doing the rounds on the final day of trading in the Premier League transfer window concerns Manchester United and Diego Godín. Sky Sports report that United have been forced to act to appease dejected manager José Mourinho, who hasn't hid his disappoint at the lack of activity regarding new signings at the club this summer. Sky say United directors will be trying to bring in Atlético centre-back Godín before the 5pm deadline. It looks like United also lost out to Everton who appear to have secured Barcelona's Yerry Mina. The Mancunians are believed to have raised their initial bid to 30 million euros for Mina - almost double what Barça paid for the Colombian defender.
Godín, happy at Atlético
As for Godín, it looks highly unlikely that he will be swayed to leave Atleti - even if United come up with his buy-out. The player has turned his nose up at United's offer of a 9 million euro salary. He is now captain, recently was handed a pay rise and his relationship with Atlético couldn't be much better. It wouldn't be the first time that Godín has turned down an offer from abroad - he has never been tempted by moves to the Premier League, Serie A or Ligue 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?