Ronaldo nets first Juventus goal in friendly against B team
A friendly with Juventus' Primavera side on Sunday saw the Portugal captain score his first goal for his new club after move from Real Madrid.
Cristiano Ronaldo did not disappoint as he pulled on a Juventus shirt for the first time, scoring in the team's annual friendly against the club's youth side.
The Portugal star joined Juve from Real Madrid in July in a €112million deal, ending a nine-year association with Los Blancos after winning three successive Champions League titles.
And in his first unofficial outing, he took just eight minutes to make the difference, latching on to a pass in behind the Primavera team's defence and emphatically firing past Leonardo Loria in goal.
He played a part in the second goal as well, putting Riccardo Capellini under pressure as a low cross came into the box and the Juve youngster put past his own goalkeeper.
Paulo Dybala then got himself a brace – his second a tap-in on the rebound after Loria failed to keep hold of Ronaldo's effort.
The 33-year-old was brought off at half-time, but not before one over-affectionate fan ran on to the pitch and locked him in a hug which required the help of two stewards to get out of.
Juve made it 5-0 early in the second half through Claudio Marchisio, before the traditional pitch invasion brought the game to a close in the 70th minute.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United