Inter Milan reply to Real Madrid tapping up claims: "We never spoke to Modric"
The Italian club has reponded to Real Madrid's claims that they contacted Luka Modric without their permission in a letter to FIFA.
This morning, when it emerged that Real Madrid have made a formal complaint to FIFA, claiming Inter Milan made an illegal approach for Luka Modric without first gaining permission to talk to the player from the Madrid board. Under FIFA regulations, no club can negotiate with a player who has an existing contract with another club when no agreement has been reached between the player and the parent club to put him on the transfer list.
Inter Milan deny Modric tapping up claims
The response from Italy was almost immediate. After receiving a letter from FIFA concerning Madrid's complaint for making contact with Modric, Inter replied with a letter to world football's governing body in which they stated they "were never in contact with the player, nor had they opened direct negotiations with Modric", La Gazzetta dello Sport report.
Now it will be up to FIFA's Disciplinarty Committee to investigate and study both clubs' side of the argument before making a decision on the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?