Man City look to Keylor Navas to replace the injured Bravo
Despite the Costa Rican keeper insisting his future lies at Madrid, Guardiola and his team see him as the perfect back-up for Ederson.
Manchester City are already scanning the market to find a replacement for Claudio Bravo, who ruptured an achilles tendon in a training session on Monday. One name to catch the eye of Guardiola and his team is Keylor Navas.
According to reports in the Spanish media, bringing the Madrid keeper in through an emergency loan deal would be the ideal scenario to provide back-up for first-choice keeper Ederson Moraes, who city brought to Manchester from Benfica for 40 million euros last summer.
Despite the growing interest in taking him away from the Spanish capital, Keylor has always insisted that his future lies in Madrid, although the Costa Rican keeper's first-team place has been weakened with the arrival of Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea. Navas still has two years left on his contract but Madrid would reportedly let him go to Manchester City if he put in a transfer request. Navas' potential departure would leave Los Blancos with Courtois, Casilla and Lunin as their goalkeeping options, depending on what happens with Luca Zidane.
Te recomendamos en English
- euro 2020 Magic moment when Mbappé and Cristiano exchange shirts
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- NBA Young erupts for 48-point double-double as Hawks beat Bucks in Game 1
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Paul cleared to play Game 3, Clippers' Kawhi ruled out again
- EURO 2020 Benzema's "pride and joy" at ending long France wait