Khan ready to 'go to war' with Vargas
Samuel Vargas called Amir Khan an "old man", but the Briton says he will be "fit, strong and ready" to beat the Colombian in Birmingham.
Amir Khan has warned Samuel Vargas he will be ready to "go to war" in the second fight of his comeback next month.
The former unified super-lightweight world champion should be in for a bigger test than his first bout for almost two years, a 40-second knockout of Phil Lo Greco in April.
Vargas has called Khan an "old man" and vowed to knock the Briton out at Arena Birmingham on September 8.
Yet Khan expects to reap the rewards of a first full training camp under Joe Goossen and make a statement to his rivals.
Khan will be "more than ready"
"I have to say he [Goossen] is already one of the hardest trainers I've worked with, but in a way I do know that when I fight I will be more than ready," he told Sky Sports.
"Look at his fighters. They've always made weight and they've always come in the ring, fit, strong and ready. He believes in my work and I believe in his as well.
"As soon as that bell goes, I know I can go to war. That's the fighter I am, I just switch on and go for the kill."
Khan added: "I want to fight at 147 [pounds] because I am a welterweight fighter and I've made that clear.
"147 is the weight I fight at and I also want to get high in the world rankings, because the world rankings at the moment are confused what weight I am in.
"For 154, I fought at 150 twice before - my last two, against Canelo [Alvarez] and Lo Greco - so this is the fight that will show I am a 147 fighter.
"I will be ranked at 147 and I want to see where they put me. I want to win a world title again. There are titles after this one, there are other big fighters out there, but we are taking it one step at a time."
Recommended in English
- Cryptocurrency How do NFTs hurt the environment?
- NFL Who is the lowest paid player in the NFL? Is there a minimum salary in American football?
- NFL Which NFL team is on longest drought without a Conference Championship Game appearance?
- NFL Brittany Matthews responds to critics amid champagne celebration of Chiefs' win
- TAX SEASON 2022 What is IRS Letter 6419 and what should I do if I receive it?
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"