Roque Mesa appeal successful as 2nd yellow rescinded
Roque Mesa collided with Pau Lopez in the penalty are and was sent off for a second yellow but the decision has been appealed according to reports.
LaLiga's competition committe have decided to rescind Roque Mesa's second yellow card in the Seville Derby on Sunday night according to Iusport. The second yellow came in the 65th minute and was the source of great debate after the game.
Sevilla sent the video to the committee and appealed the decision believing the midfielder did not deserve a second yellow for the collision with Pau Lopez, Real Betis' goalkeeper.
To make the matter even more controversial, many Sevilla fans believed that with the game locked at 0-0, their side should have had a penalty. Pablo Machín, Sevilla's manager, said it was the wrong decision with the game entering a crucial phase. Many called for VAR at the time and while it wasn't a decision that would allow the referee, Gil Manzano, to call for help, if it was a penalty then he could have conferred with the video referee.
In any case, Roque Mesa is available for the Getafe game at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán after the international break.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July