"Talks to stage a Champions League final in NYC are afoot"
Jaume Roures, Mediapro founder confirmed that talks are ongoing to stage a UEFA Champions League final in New York.
Founder and director of media giant Mediapro, Jaume Roures confirmed on the "El Matí" radio show on the Catalunya Rádio network that "talks are ongoing investigating the feasibility of hosting a future Champions League final in New York City".
Roures added that the philosophy behind the step from UEFA shares the same philosophy as the LaLiga decision to stage the Spanish domestic game between Girona-Barça in Miami in January 2019.
"Despite there being a financial benefit for Girona FC, the club will also be subject to massive exposure and being the centre of the world", added Roures as he encouraged any doubters to support the LaLiga initiative.
Te recomendamos en English
- Paris Saint-Germain must be a Champions League force to help Neymar - Baptista
- LA LIGA Salgado warns of 'war' in Spanish football
- FOOTBALL Sunderland sack Didier Ndong for breach of contract
- FOOTBALL Cristiano Ronaldo's museum posts curious Instagram photo
- SEVILLA - REAL MADRID Isco out for up to a month after acute appendicitis surgery
- RYDER CUP 2018 Rejuvenated Tiger out to improve poor Ryder Cup record