Tuchel backs Rabiot for PSG success amid exit rumours
The midfielder continues to attract interest from top sides in Europe, but he remains a key component for the PSG boss.
Thomas Tuchel has reiterated Adrien Rabiot's importance to Paris Saint-Germain as he continues to be linked with a move away from the Ligue 1 champions.
It was suggested in the last transfer window that Barcelona were interested in taking Rabiot to Camp Nou, but PSG were able to fend off interest.
However, fresh reports have suggested that Juventus, Bayern Munich and Chelsea are also monitoring Rabiot's situation.
But PSG coach Tuchel has little desire to let go of the France midfielder, who was omitted from Les Bleus' squad for the World Cup and opted not to be part of the standby list.
"I love working with Rabiot," Tuchel told RMC. "I really like Adrien, he had a difficult situation when he voluntarily missed the World Cup, but his effort with the team has been maximum, he has not missed any training.
"He can be adapted to any system and if he is physically well he is essential for our approach.
"He has great potential and is a player trained in the club. It is very important to have footballers of this nature."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?