Zidane wants Griezmann to be his first signing at Manchester United
France's Le 10Sport claims Zidane has already told United's directors that Griezmann would be his first desired acquisition, which could set the Red Devils back €200 million.
Top of the rumour mill in the England at the moment has been the speculation linking Zinedine Zidane with Manchester United. Some in the press have claimed that if Jose Mourinho cannot improve things at Old Trafford soon, he could be ousted and replaced by ex-Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane, who has already spoken about a imminent return to coaching.
France’s Le 10Sport has even gone as far as to claim that Zidane has already told United’s directors that his first desired signing would be Antoine Griezmann, for whom the club would likely have to pay the €200 million release clause set by Atlético Madrid.
United would not become the first club to have tried to sign the French star, who has made clear that he is only thinking about his future at Altético, where, he has said, he wants to do “something big”.
Not even Barcelona could entice him away from Atlético this summer, but perhaps the chance to play under a legendary figure like Zidane and link up with France team-mate Paul Pogba (provided Pogba also resists Barcelona's advances and remains at Old Trafford) would make him reconsider his loyalty to Diego Simeone.
Griezmann has recently reiterated his desire to finish his career in the U.S., either in Los Angeles or Miami, where David Beckham has just launched his new club, Inter Miami.
“If Beckham wants me in his club, then I'll go,” Griezmann told France’s L’Equipe newspaper last week. “I want to finish my career in the US. I don't know yet if it's going to be in Miami or Los Angeles. They are two great cities.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July