Messi saw his quality after just three days of training – Guardiola
Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola reveals how quickly one of the Barcelona players impressed Lionel Messi upon his arrival at Camp Nou.
Lionel Messi was impressed by Sergio Busquets after just three training sessions at Barcelona, according to Pep Guardiola.
Doing it for others, Busquets the man
Busquets, 30, played under Guardiola at Barcelona B before following the coach to the first team for the 2008-09 season.
The Spain midfielder has developed into a key player at Camp Nou, winning seven LaLiga titles and three Champions League crowns among numerous other trophies.
Guardiola revealed Messi quickly liked what he saw from Busquets during training with the LaLiga giants.
"I remember what Messi told me," Guardiola told Universo Valdano.
"After two or three days of training with him, he came to me and said, 'I like this one'. And I said, 'When there is trouble, he will be there'."
Guardiola added: "He does everything for those around him."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win