Argentina national team face accusations of smuggling
Customs officers confiscated €20,000 worth of undeclared electronic items, children's toys and musical instruments when the side returned from the USA.
The Argentinean Football Association and the national team’s players have been accused of smuggling after customs officers seized a raft of undeclared items when the Albiceleste returned home after playing two friendly games against Guatemala and Colombia in the United States.
Among the items confiscated, which were valued at around 20,000 euros, were electrical goods, toys and musical instruments, all of which should have been declared upon arrival in Argentina.
The Argentinean tax authorities confirmed they had passed the matter on to the public prosecutor’s office for economic crimes, which will decide what befalls the seized goods.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?