Lopetegui says he didn't hear Mayoral saying he was tricked
Mayoral said he was told one thing before Mariano was signed and Lopetegui defended the decision by saying the situation changed.
Julen Lopetegui says he didn't hear the word "tricked" when Borja Mayoral was explaining why he left Real Madrid at his presentation as a Levante player on Thursday afternoon. Mayoral said he spoke to Lopetegui and that he had every intention of staying at the club but Mariano arrived and Mayoral was told to find another club.
"I didn't hear that," he said when asked if he heard about "I heard he understood that he was going to stay but the option to buy Mariano appeared and the situation was different but I didn't hear him saying he felt tricked."
Mayoral did say that if Mariano hadn't arrived, he would still be a Real Madrid player. There was a race to sign the striker after it became apparent that he was available and Mayoral had to decide between Sevilla, Alaves and Levante.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?