Kanye West wants Donald Trump to hear Kaepernick's story
President of the United States Donald Trump should hear Colin Kaepernick's story, according to rapper Kanye West.
Kanye West wants United States president Donald Trump to hear Colin Kaepernick's side of the story.
The award-winning musician went on Twitter on Wednesday with a request for Kaepernick, who started kneeling during the 2017 NFL season in protest of racial inequality in USA.
"Reaching out to Colin Kaepernick," West wrote.
reaching out to Colin Kaepernick. I would like you to speak with the president to tell him your experience directly. Let’s have a dialogue not a diatribe.— ye (@kanyewest) October 3, 2018
"I would like you to speak with the president to tell him your experience directly. Let’s have a dialogue not a diatribe."
Kaepernick remains a free agent in the NFL after the quarterback was with the San Francisco 49ers for the first six years of his career.
Trump has publicly disagreed with Kaepernick's actions and said NFL players who protest during the anthem should be fired.
It is unclear if West is serious about his request.
Neither Kaepernick or Trump have addressed the tweet on social media.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United