Piatek continues scoring streak to emulate Batistuta feat
The Genoa forward scored in a seventh consecutive league game on Sunday, matching the Argentinean great's record for Fiorentina in 1994-95.
Krzysztof Piatek became the first player since Gabriel Batistuta to score in each of the first seven games of a Serie A season as his sensational streak continued for Genoa.
The Poland international joined Genoa from Cracovia in June and has hit the ground running in Italy, with his opener against Parma on Sunday his 13th strike in eight games in all competitions.
7 - Krzysztof #Piatek has scored for the seventh game in a row: Gabriel Omar Batistuta was the last player to score in each of the first seven Serie A matches back in 1994/95 (he did so in 11 straight games, ending the season with 26 goals). Historic. #GenoaParma— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) October 7, 2018
Piatek's tally includes nine Serie A goals after netting in seven consecutive matches, with the last player to achieve this feat from the start of the season being Batistuta in 1994-95.
The Argentina great extended his run to 11 games and ended the campaign with 26 goals for Fiorentina as they finished 10th in Serie A.
Piatek has already been linked with a move to number of Champions League clubs, including LaLiga giants Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?