Kaká predicts bright future for Paquetá after Milan agreement
The former Brazil player discussed Lucas Paquetá after AC Milan agreed a deal in principle for the 21-year-old Flamengo attacking midfielder.
AC Milan great Kaká has predicted a bright future for Lucas Paquetá as the Flamengo star looks set to move to San Siro.
General manager Leonardo revealed the Serie A side have a "basic agreement" with Flamengo to bring highly rated attacking midfielder Paquetá to Milan in January.
The 21-year-old – who is set to join Milan in a reported €35million deal – has also been linked with Liverpool, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.
Kaká discussed Paquetá and tried to play down the hype surrounding the two-time Brazil international.
"He's a player who has a bright future ahead of him," Kaká – who won the Champions League and Serie A with Milan – told Milan TV.
"He's already been called up to the Brazilian national team, but it's better for him that we don't make comparisons.
"I've seen so many of them in recent days, with me, with [Alexandre] Pato, with Ronaldinho, Cafu, Rivaldo… with all the Brazilians who have been part of Milan's history.
"We need to avoid these comparisons so he can come here and play calmly and peacefully. I'm confident."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?