Competition
  • Amistosos

LALIGA

Real Madrid letter to RFEF "what I expected", says LaLiga's Tebas

Real Madrid letter to RFEF "what I expected", says LaLiga chief Tebas

EFE / Rodrigo Jimenez

EFE

Javier Tebas insists Girona-Barcelona will play in Miami, and says he wasn't surprised by Real Madrid's letter to the RFEF.

LaLiga president Javier Tebas has insisted that Girona and Barcelona's proposed Primera División fixture in the United States will go ahead, despite opposition from Spain's players' union (AFE) and the Spanish FA (RFEF).

Miami match will "of course" go ahead, says Tebas

Speaking at the Madrid unveiling of Barça footballer Gerard Piqué's reformed Davis Cup tennis tournament on Wednesday, Tebas said that the match, which is scheduled for 26 January in Miami, will "of course" take place.

Asked about the letter sent by Real Madrid to the RFEF in which the club detailed why they are also against the US plan, he admitted: "It was what I expected."

Real Madrid "cannot agree" to US LaLiga fixture

In the letter, which was published by Spanish radio station Cadena Ser on Tuesday, Real said they "cannot agree to one of the games of the League, in which our entity takes part, being played at a neutral venue".

Last month, the RFEF wrote to FIFA, world football's governing body, to outline its reasons for opposing LaLiga's proposal.

0 Comments

Normas Show