Barcelona 2019/20 Nike away kit: 'unlucky' shirt to be revived?
MD has revealed details of what appears to be Barça's 2019/20 away kit, with the club expected to revive a design abandoned in the 80s.
Barcelona's 2019/20 kits are going to leave few fans indifferent. Following on from the controversy courted by the LaLiga club's seeming plan to wear a checkerboard home shirt in the style of the Croatia national team next season, details have now emerged of an away strip that also features a bold design.
Yellow shirt with sash was deemed unlucky in 80s
According to the newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Barça are set to revive the yellow shirt with Blaugrana sash used by the Catalans in the mid-1970s and early-1980s - a jersey that was finally abandoned because, after crucial defeats to the likes of Manchester United, Metz and Osasuna, it was deemed to be unlucky.
Similar to shirt worn in dramatic Chelsea win in 2009
Albeit in a brighter shade of the colour, Barça have worn other yellow shirts in recent years, such as a top with a vertical, rather than diagonal, stripe that was used in the memorable Champions League semi-final win at Chelsea in 2009.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?