Melilla-Real Madrid: Ramos and Castilla men in, Bale left behind
Real Madrid caretaker coach Santi Solari has named a 19-man squad for the Copa del Rey last-32 first leg against Melilla tonight (19:30 CET).
Santiago Solari has named a 19-man travelling party for Real Madrid's Copa del Rey tie in Melilla this evening, with the Argentine leaving Gareth Bale out of his first squad as caretaker coach but taking club captain Sergio Ramos on the trip, in addition to several members of the Castilla team he had managed until Monday.
Number of Castilla players in Real Madrid squad
Adrián de la Fuente, Javi Sánchez, Francisco Feuillassier and Cristo González have all been called up from the 'B' team for the last-32 first leg in North Africa, while Vinicius - who to all intents and purposes is part of the senior squad but is officially registered with the reserves - also features.
"The idea is to go to Melilla and play with character*"— AS English (@English_AS) 31 October 2018
Interim Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari is keen to get off to a flyer when his side travel for their Copa de Rey match tonight
*follow link for a better understanding of the phrase 'dos cojones'😉https://t.co/ncPsnjjDkp pic.twitter.com/aTKYZX5XZA
Solari has to cut squad down to 18
Following a change to Spanish FA rules, Solari will only have to cut his squad down to 18 rather than 16, which until last season was the number of players allowed in teams' final matchday groups in Copa ties pitting Primera or Segunda División clubs against sides below the top two tiers. It is also worth remembering that at least seven first-team players must be on the field at all times.
Real Madrid squad to face Melilla:
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla, Courtois.
Defenders: Ramos, Nacho, Odriozola, Reguilón, De la Fuente, Sánchez.
Midfielders: Casemiro, Valverde, Llorente, Asensio, Ceballos, Feuillassier.
Forwards: Benzema, Vázquez, Vinicius, Cristo.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?