Rayo-Barça: three injured in fight between rival fan groups
Police reportedly intercepted 80 members of the Boixos Nois and escorted them to the airport after trouble flared outside the Estadio de Vallecas.
Three people have reportedly been injured in clashes between rival ultras groups ahead of this evening’s game between Rayo Vallecano and Barcelona at the Estadio de Vallecas.
Police sources told Spanish news wire Efe that the incidents took place around 14:00 in the streets surrounding the stadium in southern Madrid when groups of fans aligned with the hardcore supporters groups Boixos Nois (Barcelona) and Bukaneros (Rayo) set about each other.
❗ 3 people were injured after a massive fight broke out between members of radical support groups for both Rayo Vallecano (Bukaneros) and Barcelona (Boixos Nois) which led them to go to the hospital. Police are investigating who were the aggressors [ser]— FC Barcelona Fl 🏆 (@FCBarcelonaFl) 3 November 2018
It is not yet known what the origin of the fight was, if the clashes were pre-organised between the Boixos and Bukaneros and whether they were carrying any weapons.
Riot police were dispatched to the area around the Estadio de Vallecas to disperse the ultras and to set up barriers to keep the rival sets of fans apart.
It was also reported by Spanish news outlet Cope that 80 members of the Boixos Nois were rounded up by police and escorted to Madrid’s Barajas airport after the incidents.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?