Senegal’s Issa Cissokho joins Israeli top-flight outfit
The veteran defender joined Maccabi Petah-Tikva until the end of the season.
Veteran Senegal defender Issa Cissokho has joined Israeli top-flight team Maccabi Petah-Tikva until the end of the season.
The 33-year-old joins as a free agent, having come out of contract with French club Amiens in June.
"It's a new adventure, I'm very happy and proud," the international defender wrote on social media.
"I thank those who supported me during this difficult time. I've always loved this profession since childhood. This is a new league and challenge, I like the task ahead and I'm ready to give it my best."
French-born Senegal international
Born in Paris to Senegalese parents, Cissokho played for French clubs including Nantes and Angers. He had a chance to represent France at youth level, but opted to play for the West African nation instead.
He made his debut for the Terranga Lions against Zambia in a 1-1 draw in August 2013, but has since been restricted to only three more appearances in over five years.
The defender is the older brother of former Liverpool and France left-back Aly Cissokho.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?