Ibrahimovic rejects talk of European return
LA Galaxy are Zlatan Ibrahimovic's priority, rather than a return to Europe to rejoin either of his former clubs: AC Milan and Manchester United.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has rejected speculation he could end his MLS adventure early and return to Europe, insisting he is committed to current club LA Galaxy. Ibrahimovic moved across the Atlantic in March after Manchester United agreed to terminate the striker's contract early, the former Sweden international having returned from a knee ligament injury.
Ibra's stateside goal haul
He made an immediate impact with a brace on his debut against Los Angeles FC and Ibrahimovic went on to score 22 goals in his maiden MLS season. It was not enough to get the Galaxy into the play-offs, though, as they missed out to Real Salt Lake after a dramatic final round of fixtures. Ibrahimovic was subsequently linked with a return to former club AC Milan, but he has dismissed reports he will come to the aid of the Rossoneri.
Staying in LA
"It's no secret, there is interest from Europe. Absolutely, but my priority is Galaxy. I am here and I'm happy to be here," he told the club's official website. "The club knows all my wishes, all my demands. It's up to them what they want, but they are very positive. They have been very good to me. They have been very helpful, they help me and my family with whatever I need. I have a good relationship with everybody. Let’s say I'm not worried."
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?