Neymar's PSG bonus includes €375,000 for applauding fans
The Brazil star and his teammates are subject to a code of ethics at the Parc des Princes that includes punctuality and respect for the media
A France 2 documentary has lifted the lid on some of PSG’s more eye-catching agreements with their star players, including a “behavior bonus” awarded for following a series of instructions that includes applauding fans after each fixture.
Neymar’s bonus for adhering to club policy stands at 375,000 euros, according to the France 2 documentary, while Thiago Silva pockets a more modest 33,00 euros.
PSG: player bonus involves more than clapping
PSG responded to the report by pointing out that the policy involves more than just clapping towards supporters with factors such as punctuality, respect towards journalists and reporters and not betting on competitions in which PSG are involved.
Marco Verratti recently fell foul of PSG’s code of ethics when he was arrested for drink-driving. The Italy midfielder subsequently apologized for his actions but the club was swift to issue a statement to the effect that his behavior bonus would not be forthcoming after he was stopped by police and found to be over the legal limit after a breathalyzer test.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win