River Plate complete line-up for FIFA Club World Cup
All seven sides who will participate at the 2018 FIFA Club World Cup in the UAE in December are now confirmed after River won the Libertadores final.
The 2018 edition of the annual FIFA Club World Cup gets underway on December 12 with the United Arab Emirates staged tournament running through to December 22.
River going for world glory
Both African and Asian confederation champions were confirmed early in November when ES de Tunis saw off Egypt's Al Ahly and Kashima Antlers ground out a 0-0 draw in Tehran to overcome Persepolis 0-2 on aggregate to make it through to the global finals.
Both the Tunisian side and Japanese outfits joined the already qualified Real Madrid (2018 Champions League winners), local side Al Ain who qualified for the FIFA Club World Cup for the first time by winning the 2017/18 UAE Pro-League title, and CONCACAF Champions League victors Guadalajara, with the Mexican side playing at their first ever Club World Cup.
Oceania will be represented by Team Wellington and now River Plate completing the line-up after a thrilling end to their controversial second-leg at the Santiago Bernabéu.
AS English will be fully across the Club World Cup, bringing you all the key games live.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online