Barça eyeing up 18-year-old Ecuadorian Gonzalo Plata
Barcelona are keeping a watchful eye on Gonzalo Plata but have yet to make a formal offer, according to Barcelona press.
Barcelona are reportedly keeping a close eye on the promising young Ecuadorian winger, Gonzalo Plata, according to Barcelona daily Sport. The 18-year-old plays for Independiente del Valle in the Ecuadorian league and has played nine games so far this season, with one goal and one assist to his credit.
The young footballer’s agent, Manuel Sierra, has said that several clubs have enquired about him and he intends to make the move to Europe.
"They have asked me about Plata. Clubs want to know what is situation is with Independiente. Because of his qualities as a footballer, he could complete his training in Europe. There's nothing concrete. I would be excited for him to go to Barcelona.”
Barcelona has not made any formal offer for Plata but have sent scouts to watch him play, something which the young player himself acknowledged: "There are rumors. The possibility of going to Barcelona is being talked about. There was a scout from the club who saw me play and he liked my game."
Barcelona, however, are reportedly concerned about his supposed erratic nature and want to assess the risks of signing someone with his unpredictable temperament, particularly after the problems that have arisen with Arturo Vidal and Ousmane Dembélé.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?