Lyon EDG partners with Adidas for the upcoming FIFA Online 4 Team
The global sportswear brand will produce exclusive apparel for the joint French and Chinese team.
Adidas has signed a partnership deal with Lyon EDG - the joint sports team of the French football club Olympique Lyon and the Chinese esports organization Edward Gaming – for their Fifa Online 4 lineup, the ESports Observer reported on Tuesday.
For this deal, the global sportswear will produce exclusive brand apparel and accessories for the team.
Lyon EDG was created back in November 2017, marking the first time a European club and a Chinese esports organization joined forces to play together on the Fifa series.
That partnership laid the foundations for other European teams to enter into different partnerships with their esport counterparts in Asia. One of the most successful examples is Paris Saint-Germain’s partnership with the prominent Chinese esports organization LGD Gaming: PSG.LDG, which came second in the Dota2 international tournament in 2018.
Adidas incursion on Asian esports apparel
This also marks the first time that Adidas has partnered with an esports organization based in China. Adidas seems primed to expand its influence in esports, as its rivals in the sportswear industry have been doing the same.
Currently, American sportswear brand, Nike is undergoing negotiations to enter as the official sponsor in the League of Legends Pro League (LPL). Both Adidas and Nike will contend with local brands such as the Chinese Li-Ning.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?