Marcelo: Isco rejected Real Madrid armband in CSKA defeat
Isco turned down the captain's armband when skipper Marcelo was taken off during Madrid's Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow.
Isco rejected the captain's armband when Marcelo was substituted during Real Madrid's surprise home Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow on Wednesday, the Brazilian has revealed.
I don't know why Isco turned down the armband, says Marcelo
"I tried to give the armband to Isco [when I came off for Dani Carvajal]," the left-back, who was Madrid's skipper for the 3-0 loss, said post-match. "But he told me that I had to give it to Carvajal. I don't know what the reason for that was."
"I didn't see Isco's reaction, but I don't think it was against the fans"
"I didn't see Isco's reaction," he said, "but I don't think it was against the fans. We're here to give our all for this club. We're really hurting, but all we can do is recover and focus on the weekend."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online