Marco Asensio sidelined from Madrid team with quad injury
The Real Madrid player picked up the strain in the Club World Cup semi-final against Kashima Antlers and is set for a period on the treatment table.
Real Madrid have officially confirmed that Marco Asensio will be out of action for some time following his muscle injury picked up against Kashima Antlers in the Club World CUp semi-final. It is not, however, known how ling he will be out for.
Asensio out for up to four weeks
The club revealed on Friday morning that the player has a grade II muscle strain in the right quadricep and that they are evaluating the situation.
According to our own Doctor González, this type of injury is likely to see Asensio miss around four weeks, initially sitting out training with the squad for between seven and ten days. Rest and physiotherapy are key to the rehabilitation process which will be undertaken across the Christmas holidays.
Real Madrid's upcoming fixtures
Saturday 22 December: Al Ain (CWC final)
Thursday 3 January: Villarreal (LaLiga)
Sunday 6 January: Real Sociedad (LaLiga)
Wednesday 9 January: Leganés (Copa del Rey)
Sunday 13 January: Real Betis (LaLiga)
Wednesday 16 January: Leganés (Copa del Rey, 2nd leg)
Sunday 20 January: Sevilla (LaLiga)
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?