Neymar: Arthur "praying" for PSG star's return to Barcelona
The Brazilian forward has been linked with a return to Camp Nou and his international teammate would welcome his compatriot back to the club.
Barcelona midfielder Arthur is "praying" Brazil team-mate Neymar returns to the LaLiga giants.
Neymar, 26, has been linked with a return to Barça despite being in just his second season at Paris Saint-Germain.
Arthur, who arrived at Barça from Grêmio ahead of this season, revealed he was trying to get Neymar back to Camp Nou.
"I personally am praying for him to come because he is a star, it is indisputable, and I think that the better players the team have, the better," he told Mundo Deportivo.
"Personally, I am doing a lot of work to get him back, but he has his life, he knows what he's doing and I don't know how deep those negotiations are, if there are options for him to come or not.
"But he is a personal friend and a professional that I admire a lot and would be very happy if he could come back here."
Neymar has scored 11 goals in 12 Ligue 1 games this season, helping PSG go 13 points clear at the top.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win