Real Sociedad pull the plug on Asier Garitano
After just seven months in charge of the LaLiga club, Asier Garitano has been dismissed by La Real, with Imanol Alguacil set to take over.
Asier Garitano has been sacked by Real Sociedad after his side suffered four straight defeats in LaLiga.
La Real announced Garitano's departure on Boxing Day, the team having slipped to 15th in the table.
Garitano took charge for the 2017-18 season after leading Leganés to promotion and keeping them in LaLiga, but lasted only seven months at Anoeta.
In a statement, the club thanked Garitano "for all the contribution, professionalism and dedication he has shown during the exercise of his duties in the management of the first team, while wishing him the best for his professional and personal future".
Imanol Alguacil will take over from Garitano for his second stint at the helm of Real Sociedad in 12 months after he was appointed caretaker last March following the departure of Eusebio.
Their next match is away to Real Madrid, when LaLiga returns from a mid break on January 6.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win