Kovacic: "Hazard has asked me about Real Madrid"
The Croatia midfielder, on loan from Real Madrid, spoke of his desire to remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the duration of his one-season deal.
Mateo Kovacic has expressed his desire to remain at Chelsea, where the Croatia midfielder is on a season-long loan from Real Madrid.
“I want to respect my former club, Real Madrid. But I can see myself staying here at Chelsea,” the 24-year-old told Sky Sports. “Even so, I have a contract and I will respect it.”
Kovacic has become a regular fixture in Maurizio Sarri’s midfield at Stamford Bridge, starting 12 Premier League games so far this season and finding the regularity that eluded him at the Bernabéu. “It was a change that I wanted a lot, I wanted to come here,” Kovacic continued. “I am grateful to my former club [for the opportunity] and to Chelsea for the interest they showed in me. I’m enjoying it here and I’m happy. The city is amazing, the club is one of the best in the world and my teammates are all amazing.”
Kovacic: "I didn't know how good Hazard is"
Kovacic also discussed Eden Hazard, whose potential move to the Bernabéu next summer could be key to prolonging his career at Stamford Bridge: “He is incredible. I didn’t know he was so good until I came here, he could easily be one of the three best players in the world. Yes, he has asked me about Madrid and my time there, but at the moment we are concentrating on having a great season with Chelsea. He is very focused.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win