Real Madrid players return to work after Christmas holidays
Santiago Solari had his squad back into the Madrid 'office' on Sunday, which is the first day of preparations for 2019 action after their CWC glory.
The Real Madrid players and coaching staff have returned to work for the first time following their success in Abu Dhabi where they lifted their unprecedented third consecutive Club World Cup, on 22 December.
Madrid back to work
The first part of their session, which began at 09:30, was done inside the training facilities at the Valdebebas complex, and then came out onto the grass where they were split into two groups. They went through various running exercises of mixed intensity levels, and Castilla youngster Javi Sánchez joined the first team squad.
After a break for lunch, the players reconvened at 15:00 CET.
Santiago Solari is aiming to get his side in shape for the first game of 2019 on 3 January away to Villarreal, who currently reside in the relegation places of LaLiga Santander. The early schedule for Los Blancos looks kind on paper, and could allow some momentum to be built ahead of the so-called 'business end' of both the domestic competitions and the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures