On loan Andriy Lunin opposed to January Bernabéu return
Real Madrid want the Ukrainian stopper back at the club fearing that Costa Rican Keylor Navas may leave in the winter transfer market.
Despite having secured limited first team playing time at his loan club Leganes, Ukrainian stopper Andriy Lunin has requested to stay at Butarque through to the end of the 2018/19 season. Notwithstanding that he is playing understudy to regular goalkeeper "Pichu" Cuéllar, Lunin is happy in his surroundings in the Madrid suburbs where he has forged an excellent relationship with the rest of the "Lega" squad and goalkeeping coach Joseba Ituarte.
Real Madrid who signed the player from Zorya Luhansk in June 2018, however have other plans. Fearing a Keylor Navas Bernabéu departure in the forthcoming winter market, Solari's side are anxious to bring the teenager back to Chamartin to offer support in the case that the Costa Rican stopper leaves the Spanish capital.
Lunin has played 274 minutes of competitive football with Leganes and has been the victim of solid form from undisputed No. 1 Cuéllar. The teenager has shown his abilities in his limited playing time and has stated his desire to remain at Butarque and fight for a place in the "Pepinero" side as opposed to fulfilling contractual obligations returning to the Bernabeu where he would slip to number three in the goalkeeping pecking order behind Courtois and Kiko Casilla.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?