Ramsey, Cesc, Mata and other key players who are now free agents
With the opening of the 2019 winter transfer window, players whose contract expires on June 30 can now freely negotiate with other clubs.
Many prominent Premier League players are now deemed "free-agents" and given that their existing contract expires at their respective football clubs on June 30 (2019), they are now free to negotiate terms with would-be suitors.
Chelsea's Gary Cahill, Cesc Fábregas, Olivier Giroud and David Luiz are four players who fall into this category and at best the SW6 club may offer a one year extension in a bid to keep the players at Stamford Bridge.
Old Trafford based Manchester United also features five top names now in a position to talk with new clubs with Phil Jones, Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Ander Herrera and Juan Mata all free-agents. Mata has been linked with Atlético Madrid with team-mate Herrera rumoured to be destined for a return to Bilbao.
Another Spanish player finding himself in a similar situation is Tottenham striker Fernando Llorente who too has been linked with a return to San Mames. Other big name stars who are now free-agents include Arsenal's Ramsey, Andy Carrol and Pablo Zabaleta.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times