Brahim Díaz to Real Madrid: all the details of Man City transfer
The 19-year-old Málaga-born midfielder will put pen to paper on a six-and-a-half year deal running until 2025 at the Bernabéu with Real paying €15m plus add-ons.
Real Madrid are planning to unveil Brahim Díaz as their first January signing next week and the 19-year-old midfielder could complete his move as early as Monday with the final small print on his transfer from Manchester City being hammered out over the weekend.
Díaz, who joined City from Málaga in 2015, is expected to sign a six-and-a-half year deal at the Bernabéu running up to 2025 with Madrid paying a fee of 15 million euros up front with an additional five million in add-ons for one of the most sought-after young footballers in Europe. The Madrid board decided to take the opportunity to act with Díaz out of contract in June and available on a free, with City happy to facilitate the deal in order to bank a considerable profit on a player who cost them 200,000 euros rather than lose him on a free next summer.
City insert "anti-Manchester United" clause in Díaz's Madrid deal
Díaz has made it plain that he would prefer to leave the Etihad with opportunities at a premium for the teenager in a squad that contains a wealth of talent in his position. According to reports in the UK, City have inserted two clauses in the deal: a sell-on fee of 15 percent for any future transfer and an “anti-Manchester United clause” that would require Madrid to pay the Premier League club 40 percent of any transfer income generated by the player moving to Old Trafford. However, sources close to the negotiations have told As that no such clause exists.
Real Madrid are hoping to present Díaz next week and the midfielder will likely be handed the number 21 shirt vacated by Borja Mayoral when the striker moved to Levante on loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?