Inter's Icardi wanted by "two biggest clubs in Spain" says agent
The Argentinean's wife and representative, Wanda Nara, spoke to AS: "It is not logical for Mauro to renew on the same salary that he receives now."
Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi’s wife and agent, Wanda Nara, has spoken to AS about her husband’s contract situation at the Serie A club and stated that the respective positions of the club and player are “very far from producing an agreement.”
“Icardi’s renewal with Inter is a very long way off as things stand today,” Nara told AS on Wednesday. “There are very important clubs that are interested in signing Mauro and we are very far from reaching an agreement [with Inter]. The figures that are being talked about in Italy about his contract renewal are not accurate. So far, we have not received a satisfactory offer from Inter.
“We are not ruling out reaching an agreement at some stage, but at the moment we are a long way off from that,” Nara added. “It is not logical for Mauro to renew on the same salary that he receives now. We believe that Mauro is at a superior level. We have a very good relationship with the two biggest clubs in Spain who, are very interested in Mauro, as well as one in France and one in England.”
Inter hopeful of deal but lining up Dybala to replace Icardi
Earlier on Wednesday, Argentinean broadcaster TyC Sports reported that Icardi will not renew his deal with Inter, which runs until 2021. Meanwhile, La Gazzetta dello Sport stated that Inter and Nara will sit down to hammer out a deal with Icardi’s agent asking for a salary of eight million euros a year. Inter are looking to extend Icardi’s deal until 2023 and increase his minimum release clause of 110 million euros.
Icardi has long been linked with a move to Real Madrid and the latest impasse over his future at Inter will not pass unnoticed at the Bernabéu. La Gazzetta also claimed that Inter are preparing an offer for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala in case Icardi decides to leave the club this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?