Atlético fans given chance to own an original piece of Calderón turf
Thanks to Atleti and AS, all Rojiblanco fans who want to own a limited edition, authentic piece of turf from the Vicente Calderón to keep at home now can.
Later this month, work will begin to remove the turf at the Vicente Calderón but Atlético don't plan to discard the pieces of their old pitch onto the rubbish heap. Just like they did in an initiative back in July last year, when season ticket holders were offered the chance to reclaim their old seat from the disused stadium, Atleti will be giving fans the chance to own another unique memento - their own piece of the Calderón pitch.
Turf will be treated to preserve it
The turf will be cut into rectangular pieces, boxed up and sold as limited edition souvenirs priced at 34,95 euros for season ticket holders and 44,95 euros for non-season ticket holders. The pieces will be freeze-dried then housed in methacrylate boxes to preserve the grass. Fans can collect their pieces of Calderón turf from Atlético's offical club stores on the Gran Vía or at the Wanda Metropolitano. It will be the last chance to rescue an original piece of history from the Calderón before workmen move in to begin demolishing the stadium in February.
The Vicente Calderón to be demolished next month
Calderón turf can be ordered at www.hastasiemprecalderon.com or by telephone: (00 34) 807 464 256.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?