Morata out of Chelsea squad for the second game in a row
The Spanish striker is wanted by Atlético Madrid, Sevilla and Barcelona amongst others and seems to be inching towards a Stamford Bridge exit.
Álvaro Morata's departure from Chelsea appears to be getting closer. The Spanish striker remained out of the Maurizio Sarri's squad for the second time in a row for their game against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge having missed the game against Tottenham in the EFL Cup.
Sevilla, Barcelona and Atlético Madrid remain interested in the player amongst others. Sevilla appeared closest to a deal with Juanma López, the player's agent, meeting with Joaquín Caparrós, Sevilla's sporting director, during the week.
They signed Munir from Barcelona on Friday though, which could rule them out. Barcelona remain in the race given the exit of Munir and their lack of firepower up front. Ernesto Valverde said recently that he might have to consider Arturo Vidal as a striker if all comes to all.
Atlético Madrid need attacking reinforcements but they will need to sell someone to facilitate the move.
AC Milan were looking for a swap deal with Gonzalo Higuain but Juventus would have to give any potential deal involving the Argentine the green light.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?