Casilla on verge of leaving Real Madrid for Leeds United
Leeds have reportedly convinced Madrid to allow third-choice keeper Kiko Casilla to leave on a free transfer and he could be available for the English club as early as this weekend.
It seems that Leeds may have found a solution to their problems in goal.
Marcelo Bielsa’s, who currently sit top of the Championship, are one of the favourites to be promoted to the Premier League, but have been struggling between the posts, since Jamal Blackman, on loan from Chelsea, broke his leg in November.
The club have had to depend on youngster Bailey Peacok-Farrell. But that could be about to change as sporting director, Victor Orta, has reportedly convinced Real Madrid to allow third-choice keeper Kiko Casilla to leave on a free transfer and he could be available at Elland Road as early as this weekend.
it is understood that Casilla missed Madrid’s Tuesday training session ahead of the Copa del Rey tie with Leganés on Wednesday in order to travel to England to pass a medical. At this point, only a few loose ends remain to be tied up between the clubs and player’s representatives and Leeds expect to close the deal shortly.
Casilla, who was on the bench for Madrid’s victory at Betis on Sunday, has played a total of 43 games in all competition for Los Blancos, conceding 50 goals and keeping 15 cleans sheets.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July