Emery wants Mata at Arsenal
With Juan Mata is unlikely to sign a new deal with Manchester United, Unai Emery is reportedly interested in bringing him to Arsenal.
Reports in the British press claim that Arsenal coach Unai Emery wants to bring Juan Mata to the Emirates Stadium.
The Spanish midfielder, who worked with Emery when they were both at Valencia, turns 31 in April and will see his contract end with Manchester United in June. And although they would like to keep him at Old Trafford, United are reluctant to budge on their policy of offering players over 30 a maximum one-year extension.
Mata reportedly wants a two-year deal and as such is now weighing up his options should that not happen, with Juventus also reportedly interested in the Spaniard.
Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young
Also in a similar situation as Mata are Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young – both defenders are 33 and also have current deals ending in June, and as such free to talk to other clubs. United have discussed giving Young a one-year extension, but with no deal signed as of yet, Inter Milan are reportedly willing to offer him a two-year contract.
Inter Milan have also been linked with Valencia, and may look to scoop up both United full backs on a free in the summer to strengthen their defence.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...