Real Madrid's Vinicius keen on playing with 'idol' Neymar
Los Blancos' young Brazilian has impressed since making his way into the first team at the Bernabéu, and has his sights on other goals.
Real Madrid's rising star Vinicius Jr has spoken about his dream of playing alongside his idol, Neymar, his compatriot who has been heavily linked with a move back to LaLiga from his current home in Paris.
The 18-year old forward was interviewed by Esporte Interativo and spoke about his admiration for a player he considers his idol.
"At Real Madrid or for the national team, I want to play with Neymar," said Vinicius. "I want to play alongside him. I followed him from when he was young and he started at Santos."
Also discussed in the interview was the pressure that is associated with playing for a club of the stature of Real Madrid, following his time at Flamengo in Brazil.
"The pressure is very similar," he said, "They are two of the biggest clubs in the world."
Te recomendamos en English
- euro 2020 Magic moment when Mbappé and Cristiano exchange shirts
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- NBA Young erupts for 48-point double-double as Hawks beat Bucks in Game 1
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Paul cleared to play Game 3, Clippers' Kawhi ruled out again
- EURO 2020 Benzema's "pride and joy" at ending long France wait