Sublime Chiesa helps Fiorentina thrash Roma 7-1 in Coppa Italia
La Viola dished out a historic drubbing to reach the semi-finals of the Coppa, where they will play either Juventus or Atalanta.
Federico Chiesa scored a hat-trick as Fiorentina humiliated AS Roma 7-1 to reach the Coppa Italia semi-finals on Wednesday.
Chiesa, the 21-year-old Italy forward, sliced Roma open at will, hitting the post early on and striking twice in the first 18 minutes.
Aleksandar Kolarov pulled one back for the visitors but Luis Muriel restored Fiorentina's two-goal lead before the break.
Eusebio Di Francesco's Roma completely collapsed in the second half with Chiesa completing his hat-trick, Giovanni Simeone scoring twice and Marco Benassi also finding the net.
Substitute Edin Dzeko was sent off for the visitors after arguing with the referee to complete a woeful night for the visitors.
Stefano Pioli's Viola will face holders Juventus or Atalanta, who play later on Wednesday, in a two-legged semi-final.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...