Frantic February fixture list for both Real Madrid & Barcelona
LaLiga, Champions League Round of 16 and now a Copa del Rey Clásico adding another layer of pressure on both Madrid and Barça in a non-stop month.
Whilst football fans around the world would have celebrated the prospect of a Real Madrid-FC Barcelona two-legged Copa del Rey semi-final, for many at both clubs the draw has been seen as another encumbrance adding further pressure to an already packed February fixture list with both clubs playing seven high profile games in the shortest month of the year ahead of the LaLiga meeting between both sides on 2 March at the Bernabéu.
Real Madrid open the month with a home league tie against Alavés before Wednesday's cup first leg at Camp Nou. Saturday 9 February is the date for the Madrid derby at the Wanda ahead of a tricky mid-week trip to face Ajax in the Champions League. Two LaLiga games are next up with Girona and Levante opponents before the month comes to a conclusion with the second leg of the Copa del Rey at the Bernabéu.
Ernesto Valverde's men open the month with a league fixture against Valencia ahead of the Copa del Rey first leg at Camp Nou on Wednesday 6th. Two back-to-back league fixtures are next up for the Catalan side as they face Athletic (a) and welcome Valladolid. Lyon are Barça's opponents in the Champions League and that midweek tie precedes a difficult away trip to the Sánchez Pizjuán to face Sevilla. The month comes to an end for Barça with the second leg of the Spanish cup away to Madrid at the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?